Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh Newport, I'll see you next year.

It's my very last night in Newport, and I could easily stay 3 more weeks. Well I could actually move here permanently and be quite happy.

Monday we spent the day in L.A. at the Grove. Ally loved the American Girl Cafe, and watching a bunch of little girls running around with little miniatures of themselves was pretty cute. We got a lot of shopping in, and then we ate the most ghetto Johnny Rockets I have ever been to in my life. There was seriously grease dripping from the walls, nasty.

Tuesday we ate at Pacific Whey Cafe(a new favorite) and paid South Coast Plaza a little visit, where we did a little more shopping. All I'm going to say is that Steve Madden is having a great shoe sale. We ate at Ruby's for a second time, only this time I got a chocolate banana shake and then died and went to heaven.

Wednesday I got to go to breakfast with my old roommate Lauren! It was so much fun to see her, she really needs to come back to BYU. Then we got smoothies by the pool, walked along Newport Beach, and ate at Pei Wei. There was this crazy touchscreen fountain machine at Pei Wei. Ally was enamored with it, and probably refilled my coke 72 times. But, that's because you could get cherry coke, vanilla coke, orange coke, etc., the possibilities were really endless. We finished the night at Fashion Island. Marin + Osa, the store American Eagle owned, is definitely going out of business ... kind of sad, but it was really overpriced. However, when the store is shutting down, the prices get considerably more appealing. But I have to tell you a story. It's a story that I'm pulling out of the Stolworthy Vacation Archives, (which are even more exclusive than the Disney Vault.) Every time we pass Fashion Island we pass a Marriott hotel , where we used to stay before we had this glorious time share. We probably haven't been there in the last 15 years, but every time we pass it, someone mentions the jacuzzi incident. I don't actually remember it, but I wish that I did. Apparently years and years ago, we were all hanging out in the hot tub at this Marriott, chatting it up with this investment banker from New York, when all of a sudden Dad spots something in the hot tub that just doesn't belong. All I'm going to tell you is that it wasn't chocolate. Dad panics and immediately calls for a code brown. Well, Mr. Investment Banker hasn't noticed yet and turns to pull out his brick cell phone and call one of his swanky business partners. Dad sees this as the perfect opportunity to go fishing, considering the little nasties were floating and bobbing around the businessman. Dad's cupped hands are weaving around bubbles and jets to catch the unwanted little nasties, and with 007-like reflexes he manages to scoop out every last bit of the incriminating evidence and toss it into the bushes. Mr. Investment Banker turns back around with no clue, Dad speedily wishes him a good vacation, and the Stolworthy's good name remains in tact. Maybe you just had to be there, but this story needed to be recorded for posterity, and who doesn't love a good "poop in the pool" story? You can safely assume Hailey and Ally weren't there. I won't, however, tell you if Emily is the culprit, or if I am the culprit. You'll just have to study the story and make your own assumptions.

Today we went to the beach. Is it sad that we only went to the beach once this whole week? In our defense the weather has been pretty gloomy, and sand is pretty annoying. The beach was very pretty though, even if it was a little cold. Shakes at Ruby's, showers, and then dinner at the Irvine Spectrum. We ran into the beautiful Emma Johnson on our way to Yard House. It was fate. Yard House was delicious and I may or may not have ordered a steak, because tomorrow Dad and I are having a contest to see who can go 2 weeks only eating fruits and vegetables. Oh, and I can't drink soda. It's a horrible contest.

My flight leaves at 11:05 tomorrow and I have a massive lay over in Phoenix. So, if you're bored from 12:25 to 1:40pm, give me a call. Overall, I give this vacation an A-(it really could have been a few days longer.)

Ps: Sorry there aren't any pictures, I have alzheimer's or something, because I left my memory card in Utah.

No comments: