Sunday, January 24, 2010

Days 14 & 15

No pictures this time, sad I know. But Saturday was just so cold I forgot to pull my camera out. Won't happen again, I promise. We made a visit to Camden Market on Saturday and it is easily the coolest market we have been to so far. Don't get me wrong, I love Burrough Market and ostrich burgers, but Camden has vintage clothing shops, handmade trinkets, and waffles. If you've ever been to Canal Street it's kind of like that...but one hundred times better. However, if the lady selling scarves tells you that they're one of a kind, and that Top Shop sells the exact same scarves, don't believe her....the scarves are everywhere. We found a cute little shoe shop where Macy got some great boots, and the owner was adorable and slightly insulting haha. Finding a tube station proved a little difficult because they closed chalk farm down. The tube is fantastic and totally unreliable all at the same time. We ended up freezing our behinds off waiting for the world's most crowded bus. The bus driver was a little snappy, but I could tell he had a little crush on Audrey. Later that night we tried to go see the Woman in Black again, but there were only three seats available and five us. I guess the third time has got to be the charm. We ended up at the Waffle House by Queenway station and I am overjoyed and wary of it's proximity. They were the most delicious waffles in the world. Better than Whitley's and better than Camden Market. I can't stop thinking about them. I want to take a picture of my waffle and put in my wallet so I can brag to everyone about how fantastic it tastes.

Thanks to the awesome/unreliable tube, we were a few minutes late to church today. It's quite the journey to get out to Wansworth Commons though. I found out I am also a primary teacher, and I didn't end up playing the organ. I got the key to open it, but it just wasn't working. I seriously need more lessons. If you know anyone that could help a sister out with organ settings, I'd be forever grateful. The piano that I got to play on was beautiful though, so it all worked out fine. After church we had a linger longer and got tricked into eating haggis. It was so funny because there was chow mein, a corn and chicken casserole, and haggis all sitting side by side. It was quite the collection. Even though the food was very different and we knew only a few of the members, it still felt so homey. Running little boys were scolded(by a scottish woman named Martha who is really the ward grandma), there wasn't enough food, there were basketball lines on the floor, and it just made me so grateful that church is so constant. The doctrine, the people, the testimonies, they're all the same no matter where you go to church, it's wonderful. I'll never fall for that haggis trick again though..

1 comment:

Jana said...

mail me a waffle.