Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hello 2011

New Year's Eve is such a disappointment. The entire day, Facebook is full of status updates cursing the last year, and hoping the new year will be better. We review the year on all of our blogs, going over every meaningful event from the last twelve months. Then we get all fancy, like if we look hot at midnight, somehow the new year will be lucky. It's so silly the way we expect everything to change as soon as the clock flips from 11:59pm to 12:00am. Every last one of your problems is waiting for you when you wake up January 1.

But New Years is good for two things: Martinelli's, and resolutions. So, here are mine:

1. No soda for a whole year. And then I get to buy myself a pair of Louboutins.

2. Get into my program. It's about time I finished college.

3. Use my gym membership. I need to stop paying $30 a month to not use it.

4. Get a different job. Retail is so 2010.

5. Read the Book of Mormon every day. It's a good habit to have.

6. Read the Bible cover to cover. I haven't done it since high school.

7. Be smart. Sometimes when people talk to me they assume I only know things about shoes, clothes, and food. I can tell you all about the why Michael Steele won't be the GOP committee president for long, and how to improve your website's SEO. I'm not dumb, and I'm tired of people thinking I am.

8. Learn to do things I hate. Like run a 5k, or talk to people that intimidate me.

9. Make the Dinner Club blog famous. It's a good idea, and I'm going to make it happen.

10. Wear high heels. Even if it's to class on a Tuesday.

Hold me to these.

2 comments:

Camille said...

glad i'm not the only one who hates the negative new year's facebook statuses. "hey, maybe that's why your year sucked....because you're so pessimistic."

miss chaz. said...

ummmm you and i share the same list, my dear. i've gone without soda for one week! and i MAYBE will wear heels tomorrow...maybe..

GOOD LUCK!
;)