Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 40

Breakfast was delicious. It's fantastic every morning, and I attribute that to the peanut butter cereal. We got all fancied up and had lunch at Middle Temple today. The Middle Temple was built by the Knights Templar, is about 500 years old, and houses an important church. I would tell you more, but I think you might find more interesting and accurate information on Wikipedia.com. Our tour guide had a lot of information to share, and she most definitely shared it all. Our lunch was pretty swanky, I didn't even have to put my napkin on my lap...someone did it for me. After tea we headed on over to Starbucks to warm up and check out the map. It turned out that we were not traveling in the correct direction, it was raining, and we were lost. So in true Dorm 4 fashion, we took a taxi. I've never hailed a taxi before, so to do it successfully was quite a rush. I felt very accomplished. We got to the Dickens home on time, watched a documentary(it was a real nail-biter), and toured the home. Dickens wrote Oliver Twist there, so that was cool. We all headed back home as it was nap time and homework time. Cam, Calvin, Katie, and I had another dinner date, and this time it was at the Gourmet Burger Kitchen. It was good, hamburgers are good. All in all, it was a pretty good day.

These Knights will supposedly rise up and defend Christ when he comes again.

Impressive architecture.







We love churches!

Charles Dickens lived here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uhh, you're so pretty ! & I like your clothes...oh, and your face....hahahahh.