Friday, April 26, 2013

An NYC Adventure (part 3)

While I was in NYC, I got to do my grandpa proud and catch a Yankees game. It was every bit as fun as I thought it would be, and the hot dog was pretty great, too. Plus I think I'm going to just start wearing hats everywhere. That way, no one will ever see my roots.







Monday we got to take a tour of the World Trade Center memorial. The last time we were there Jana and I were 16, and you couldn't see past the scaffolding. It was an interesting feeling, to remember 9/11. It may just be me, but the reflection pools struck me as ominous and somber rather than hopeful. Can you imagine accidentally falling into that?







We walked over to check out Lady Liberty and the weather was so nice, I fell in love with New York a little bit more. 




I've been to New York a few times, but I had never been to the U.N. so we made a trip to its headquarters. It was an interesting building, high security, but old. And they legitimately have the worst bathrooms and the weirdest gift shop. 








I didn't really have a list of things that I wanted to do in New York, but I really love musicals. Really love them. They're almost always too pricey, unless you're a student, or you win the ticket lottery. We decided to try our hand at the latter. You put your name in a box, and if they draw your card, you get to but one or two tickets for $30, which is a steal. It seemed like they had called every name but ours, until the guy yelled through a megaphone, "CAITLIN STALLWARO, 2 TICKETS OR 1?" I was pretty sure that was me, and we got to see Newsies! I really liked it! Lots of dancing and crazy New York accents. 









And with that, I had done everything on the list I didn't even know I had. 

No comments: