Thursday, July 8, 2010

You look like the 4th of July.



I had a really fun 4th of July weekend. Really, it was great.

Friday after work Dad, Ally, and I went to Rubio's for dinner and then saw Eclipse. Dad is such a good sport. Eclipse is better than I thought it would be, but still not a great movie. However, the movie theater at the Riverwoods is the greatest.

Saturday I had breakfast with the Asay's, played a little ward volleyball, and the met Dad, Ally, and the Asay's at Guru's for lunch. Guru's is pretty tasty. Then we hit up freedom fest for a bit, the we hit up the mall for a bit, and then we all took naps before the Stadium of Fire. The Stadium of Fire is awesome. Seriously, I love it. It's so patriotic! We saw Carried Underwood, the 5 Browns, and the fireworks were amazing. After Ally and Dad had left for their hotel, Kayla and I realized we needed to get some food for our ward potluck, so we hurried to Smith's. I also had this killer headache(probably from the fireworks), so I grabbed some Advil PM. I may or may not have taken twice the amount that is recommended for a 24 hour period, and let's just say, I had a difficult time waking up on Sunday.


Dad and Ally at Freedom Fest.

Dad looks great in my hat.

Ally and I!

Dad and Ally at the Stadium of Fire.

All of us girls.







I managed to get ready for church and put on my second most patriotic outfit. Church was really nice, we had some great lessons about patriotism and freedom. After church we had a ward BBQ for our break the fast and I ate the greatest hamburger ever. Sunday night Ally came over and we all lit a few fireworks in the Reynolds parking lot. Ally is pretty good with a lighter.


4th of July! Ally is a great photog.

Kayla and Grant touching their wands together.



Monday morning we woke up bright and early to watch the parade! It was cute, but hot outside, so we didn't end up staying more than an hour. Plus there was this rude woman claiming the driveway was "saved," but no one showed up. We ate breakfast at Mimi's Cafe, and then Daddio and Alejandro headed back to Vegas. It was really fun to have them here, I can't wait to see them in California. After Dad and Ally left we drove to David's Bridal. None of us are getting married, but there was the most perfect dress on sale, and I wanted to see it in person. It was seriously only $250. It wasn't in the store though, so we went to the mall and bought swimsuits instead! I got a tankini at Shade, and it is perfect. After the mall we headed over to Freedom Fest and I ate the greatest baked potato of my life. The rest of the day included a nap, a trip to Target, Papa John's, and Yozone. Coconut frozen yogurt was the perfect end to a ridiculously fun weekend.



The parade!

Best baked potato ever.











1 comment:

Camille said...

that picture of you with your baked potato is the cutest thing ever.
also, just 2 tylenolPM knock me out for a good 12 hours...I have no idea how you were able to wake up.